Sunday, March 2, 2014

Baaaaa!

It is the 2nd day of March and I am not impressed.  There were 4 inches of fresh snow on the ground and Grocery Boy spent his morning with a shovel and a snow blower.  It will be 30 to 40 degrees below normal for a couple of days.

However, not to despair entirely, the weatherman says that we should be at freezing by the end of the week. Sigh.

Obviously, the easiest thing for me to do is work in the Bat Cave.  I feel as if my attempts at art are actually offerings to Mother Nature.  I don't think that she is impressed.  Perhaps a lamb or two will appease the merciless b***h.  These little guys were made with heavy bodied paint, paint, ink, tissue paper and watercolor in an art journal.  At least they look happy.



I think the one on the right is a little afraid to come out!





If you run an old credit card into some heavy bodied paint to make lines and then paint it green, you get grass!


I do love the chunky texture of the lamb's wool.


A little random stamping.  It's even on the lambs.




2 comments:

  1. I agree, it feels like this winter will never end.. Very nice artwork. Why do you call your art studio the "bat cave"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Winter here just keeps on giving. We just had another couple of inches of snow the other day!
    A friend of mine dubbed the studio the Bat Cave as a reference to the cool things in Batman's cave. The name stuck.
    Thanks for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete