Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Life of the Blogless

So here is why I haven't been blogging much recently.  My sister bought a house.  Said house needs lots of work.  Guess who is helping with the work?  Now, don't get excited.  My sister has a contractor doing the actual work.  We are just helping with the painting.  And cleaning.  And taping. And painting.  And sanding.  And painting.  And going to Lowe's and Menard's at 6 pm to get more stuff!

I wanted to make clever videos, but I don't have the time or the energy.  I tried to figure it out last night, but because Movie Maker doesn't recognize the files from my 4 year old video camera, I would have to convert them.  Just writing that sentence makes my brain hurt.  Enjoy the snippets and be glad that you live where you do and not near me.  I would probably be asking for your help.




This is the main staging area for the construction that is happening.  





This is the newly renovated laundry area.  Unfortunately, we didn't have time to paint it before the floor, trim and cabinets were done.  






Now this video shows the grand remodel of bedroom, bathroom and walk-in closet.  




I seriously think that we have painted 200 doors.  Maybe 201.


I have no words other than sometimes we get a little crazy.





We did not clog the toilet!


Bedrooms.  The third bedroom was painted, including trim, but since the boy is moved in there, we didn't want to subject you to his dirty laundry.  Literally.  The pink room is only having the trim painted.  Thank goodness.



So, why is she taking video of a door without a handle?  Funny you should ask that.  When you have a clogged toilet upstairs, you use the new bathroom downstairs.  You have to go back upstairs to get toilet paper and the whole time you are muttering to yourself, "I have to pee!"  You don't shut the door all the way, but you somehow get off balance when you are done and accidentally close the door.  Did you know that doors without handles won't open?  You then squeal like a pig until someone from upstairs hears you.  They start laughing when they see what has happened and they tell their Aunt Denise who is listening to the squealing wondering what the heck is going on.  Luckily, Aunt Denise has her wits about her and gets the door knob and jams it into the door.  It won't open because it is in the 'locked' position.  Finally, it is unlocked and placed in the door and voila, the door opens.  Why was my sister on the floor?

2 comments:

  1. i did not expect that to be her! Aunt D! But that just makes it all the more funny!!!:) Can't wait to read more!!
    - Pony Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to write more soon. It sounded more like something that I would do, right? Not this time!

    ReplyDelete