Monday, May 11, 2015

Soon, I Promise

I have been getting lots of questions about the remodel.  I simply haven't had time to take any good pictures and when I just got on to post the ones I do have, I wasn't happy with them, so I need to reshoot.

I wish I had a great excuse, but I have simply been pretty exhausted and kind of sick of working on things.  Never fear though, I got my mojo back over the weekend.

Please bear in mind that the actual construction is the least of it.  In fact, we just finished the very last of the work last Thursday.  We are still putting things back - like furniture.  My husband just brought two pieces in from the garage yesterday.  There is a stove, refrigerator and microwave out there somewhere.  Oh, and the railing for the stairs is still missing in action.

I don't have slipcovers yet and I need more drapery panels, but my color is out of stock so I'm stuck. I have very little for the walls and that is just going to have to wait for a bit.  I have things piled in boxes in a couple of different rooms and I need to decide if anything is coming back out or if it is going to the local thrift store.

I found the kitchen clock under a pile on the bed in the spare room and got it cleaned up.  That's where that stands so far.  There are just so many small decisions that it makes me feel a bit powerless to move on any of it.

The basement is a hideous mess of dust and debris from drilling, duct work and electrical.  Things are out of place and half opened or right in the middle of the walkways.  There is a painting project going on that will help organize the pantry, but it is slow going right now.  The basement storage shelves are half empty since we were able to take a lot up to the kitchen, but that begets another big project.

It took us an entire weekend to put things away in the kitchen and now I can't remember where I put any of it.  I have to get my labeler and get to work.  I got a grabber for Mother's Day (I asked for it), so now I can get small things off of the top shelves without using the step stool.

And who knew how much extra cleaning would be involved with more cabinets, more counter, more bathroom, white trim, wood floors and three cats?  I need a new cleaning routine before I go nuts.  I have not even had time to clean the fronts of the new cabinets and they still have gunk on them from the install.

As you can see, it is all a bit overwhelming.  Plus, like every family, there are other things going on around here.  Never a dull moment.

So, if you will give me a couple more days, I know that I can have some great pics up soon.  I promise.  Meanwhile...

This is the upstairs hallway where the floors, lights, trim and doors have all been replaced.  All was painted, also.


The new carpet on the stairs looking down to the living room/front door.  We like this carpet so much that we decided to have an area rug made from it for the living room.  It's still waiting for me to go and get it.


Looking from the kitchen to the entry into the living room.  The fridge would have been behind me in the old kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment