Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Moose Whisperer

I have a grand niece.  She is two and a half.  She is afraid of a big stuffed Moose that my mom and dad have in a hall corner at their condo.  This moose is about 3 1/2 feet tall and wears boots and gloves.  She tries very hard to convince herself that she isn't afraid of the Moose.  She even verbalizes her affirmations out loud.  Doesn't work.  Being the kind and benevolent aunt that I am, I bought a small Moose and gave it to my Dad for Christmas.  Now we have Moose 1 and Moose 2.

She continually asks about the Moose.  Since she usually sees me at mom and dad's place, she assumes that I live with the Moose. She asks me about him all of the time.  Go home see Moose?  I not afraid of Moose.  You see Moose?  Yeah, she won't go anywhere near the thing.

I wish that I had a picture of the Moose.  I don't.  I do, however, have a few pics of my Dad and my niece together.  I will always be glad that I have these.

PS:  They are playing "This Little Pig".  Also, most of these are a little out of focus, partly because she was moving and partly because I had it at a low aperture setting for better exposure.  The yellow cast is probably from the filter that I always forget to remove.





No comments:

Post a Comment