Monday, March 14, 2011

My First Mixed Media Canvas

This is the entire canvas.
Yes, I painted the hair myself.  I used an ink pen for outlining and doodling.  There is a doily as the decoration on the shoulders, a button in the hair, a tp tube circle and rubons on the belt part.
The canvas background is a cut up pattern from a dress pattern dry brushed with some paint.  The dress is paper.  The white bits are rubons as are the flowers.
The dark edges are ink and there are stamps throughout the canvas to give more texture.  They don't show up well but that is okay.
It's amazing the textures you can find:  bubble wrap, grippers, shelf liner, the back of sequins (punchinella), etc.
The funny green stuff is actually tinted patching plaster as I didn't have any modeling paste yet.  It is too thick for my taste, but it gets the point across.
Okay, here are some pics of my first canvas from the fab class that I am taking.  I didn't do too badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment