Thursday, April 14, 2011

More canvases (is that a word?)

Okay.  I am posting a few pics of a couple of my newer canvases.  This first one I made for Lauren.

This is the finished product that I sent up to Alaska since Lauren was going to be there for her bday!  She is an OC beach girl so that was the inspiration for the girl.  Can you see the sand castle, shells, starfish and dolphins??

Now how did that get in here???  Oh well.  Total concentration on that lady bug.

We learned how to do backgrounds in this lesson.  The teacher did grass and sky, but I did it differently due to Lauren.  Note the headband.  I think that was my favorite part.  And the pillow ticking stamp is one of my favs!

I am having a love affair with rub ons!  Especially white ones like the zig zag stitching on the dress!  The white paint is both positive and negative effects using punchinella which is the backing from sequins.  I know, weird.


Well, I figured Lauren wears a lot of shorts!  The bumpy stuff is called glass beads and like gesso and modeling paste, you can add color to it.

I love her little top.  Happy Birthday, Lenny!

No comments:

Post a Comment