Thursday, April 14, 2011

More canvases, part 2


Okay.  The theme for this canvas is vintage memorabilia that is personal to you.  I made a girl for my mom's bday (so I thought) and then I had this lesson and this will be hers.  The canvas is copies of things that I have of my mom's.  I then kind of 'whitewashed' the whole thing with Tattered Angels, wet brushed that, then kind of washed it off.  It still left a brownish tint which is what I wanted.  I dry brushed the edges and randomly through the finished background.  I will finish this one this weekend.
This is nearly the whole canvas.  I love my new typewriter stamp!!!  

The 'passport' is another roller stamp  The blue chicken wire looking thing is actually blue paint on the bottom of a spring basket that I cut up.  I got it at the dollar store and it so looks like chicken wire.  The background is a recipe in my grandmother's handwriting.  Thought that mom would like that.

This background is my great grandfather's conductor's pass that I found.  It's from 1922.

Okay, this is funny.  The blue background is a copy of my mom's college 3-ring binder cover.  I can't believe I have that.  She wrote Carl Edward Day all over it (dad's name).  I think he was all she was thinking about.  He was at Ft. Leonard Wood at the time.

Note the Fort Leonard Wood stationary.  Here you can see the remnants of the mist I used.

The top document is a copy of the letter dad sent to mom.  I have all of his love letters to her from when he was in the service.  She gave them to me for some reason.  Okay now I am not going to read them because I tried at it grossed me out.  Yuck.  Some things aren't meant to be shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment