Saturday, November 19, 2011

Altered Art Baby Book

Okay.  I gave my friend, Kelly, her gift last Saturday and now I can put up the pics.  Beware!  There are several.  I did a lot of pages for her, so there was a lot to document.  I tried to choose the most interesting ones.  I used a regular art journal and modge podged 3 pages together for each 'page'.  That helped to give the pages more strength for all of the ephemera that I added.  Most pages are also gessoed so that the paints will go on more smoothly and will be more vivid.  I used a lot of PanPastels, cheap acrylic paints, Claudine Helmuth (love), sprays and alcohol inks.  Most of the papers are the 6 x 6 type as the prints are smaller.  Roller stamps, tons of rub-ons, image transfers...you name it, I tried it.  One of my most favorite effects is the striping I did for the shopping page.  It's definitely bold!  I hope that you enjoy these pics.  There are quite a few.

I love the little piece of tape (dots) from 7 Gypsies.  This is part of the cover.




The picture on the right is an image transfer.  The word 'home' and the white flower are actually stickers that I Modge Podged over to make certain they adhered!

Spec is their dog!

Probably one of my fav techniques!  I love alcohol ink on gesso.

Ok, the picture that I put on the left page is actually from the Crate and Barrel catalogue.




Image transfer of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.  I would have liked it to be brighter, but I didn't let the ink dry long enough. You have to jump through some hoops to flip the words for Word.  This page also has glow in the dark paint on it.

Star punchinells (sequin waste) that I got from a cool little website called Sky Blue Pink
Yeah.  Another use for the Apothecary Emporium papers from Echo Park.  You will prolly see these again.



Love this harlequin stencil from Crafter's Workshop.




Couldn't help myself.  She loves the movies too.

Loved that I could use my new music roller stamp.




Burlap on the circle.  I Modge Podged twine around it.  The background paper is tissue paper from 7 Gypsies.

Yeah.  They are from Michigan, but live here and attend as many games as they can.  The big letters are colored modeling paste.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Michele. I appreciate it. I look forward to seeing your 'plaids'. What fun that was to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool mom! your dog drawings are really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's a stencil cuz I can't draw!

    ReplyDelete