Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fun Idea!

We did this at school today.  I have 5 year old boys (5 of them) and it was a blast.  It is a Santa Count Down to Christmas.  You snip off a section of his beard for each day closer.  Number from the bottom up.  I used my Cricut (Doodlecharms) to figure out the pattern.  Then I just wrote down numbers on return address labels.  That way the boys could just label each section of beard with their correct number.  Since I just saw this on Pinterest this morning and quickly did it for today, there were a couple of bugs.  I would definitely write the corresponding number on each beard level and have them cover it with the correct number sticker.  That was probably the main thing I would do differently.  It was fun and the boys were very proud of them.  They can't wait to start cutting off his beard.  I was very careful to remind them to ask permission to use the scissors.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment