Sunday, May 13, 2012

Boys

I have been working on gifts for my 5 little guys.  The last day of school is Thursday and I will be giving each boy a canvas as a gift from me.  These are done on canvas board or panel.  I found the 4x4 at the Phoenix Art Supply when I was in ... Phoenix and I bought some.  And yes, I am that art geek who visits art stores on trips.  They are different than a stretched canvas in that there is support over the entire surface, so if you want to do a stamp, you will get a good image.  I did miss the added dimension of the sides of a stretched canvas though.
I had my patterns from last year, so these didn't take long at all.  Just mainly drying time which I used to get ready for the garage sale.  Good girl!

I put each child's initial on their canvas.  The triangles are a stencil.

The dog paw and the hand prints are stamps.


The peace sign, baseball and soccer ball are also stamps.






You would not believe how I had to practice to do boy's hair.  Lots of different colors there.


The straight black lines are from the bottom of a piece of flip flop that I put in ink.


2 comments:

  1. I really LOVE these, thanks for sharing, i also love how you photographed them!
    hugs from andrea in australia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Andrea in Australia. I am glad you liked them. They are for 5 5 yr old boys that I teach. I will miss those little guys!

    ReplyDelete