Thursday, November 22, 2012

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in blogland.   I am visiting the parentals.  I have made the pie and the tomato aspic salad (see previous post).  Grocery Boy is working on the turkey.  My work is done.  I do the stuff that you can make ahead of time.  That is all that I am allowed to do.

It is beautiful here in the STL and my bro is visiting with his family.  So far, we haven't hit each other so life is good.  I think we have been in the same room for a couple of hours already.

I promise to post some pics later.


I am busting with pride about my niece, Airman Brittany Day.  She just completed her PIR (Pass in Review) at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center in North Chicago where the wind comes sweeping down the plain, from Canada, from the lake, you name it.  Oh, and I have no idea what PIR really means.  I am just trying to act like I do.  The picture above was taken by her very proud Dad yesterday.  We love you, Brit.  Good luck in A School.  I am not quite sure why you are called an Airman when you are in the Navy, but who understands anything about the military?  Not me.

I hope you all eat 'til you bust.  I started a diet, so nothing for me.  Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment