Saturday, December 22, 2012

It's An Emergency! (sort of)

Today is Saturday.  The Saturday before Christmas.  Rach had spent the night with friends of Alaska Girl and the kitties were in heaven because they could sleep with their people again.  So much so that even the Diva herself (Skittles) deigned to sleep on the bed. (Actually, they both slept on me for most of the night.  I'm not complaining, but they get heavy.)

I got up a little later than normal (around 7 a.m.) and worked out.  I was just settling down to my favorite Saturday morning breakfast of cereal straight out of the box (yes, I am still 10) when the phone rang.  It was Alaska Girl saying that a really annoying thing had happened.  I guessed that she had locked her keys in the Rach-Mobile (our old van).

She said that was correct but please listen to how it happened.  Ok, I'm game.

It seems that she had gone outside to start the Rach-Mobile.


Here is the Rach-Mobile in all it's 140,000+ miles of glory.

She had placed the Rach inside the running Rach-Mobile.


Here is the Rach with Computer Boy.

The Rach-Mobile has automatic door locks controlled by a master control.


Locked.


Unlocked.


Controls.

That's it.  You've got it.  The Rach locked up the car while it was running and she was outside.  Being the great mom that I am, I left with the spare key and rescued her dog.  I had a lovely chat with Ballerina Girl and her mom while I was there.  And all of this before breakfast.  

And now for your enjoyment a couple of pics of Rach in action.  


Go for launch.


Take off!


Got it!

1 comment:

  1. So this is Rach!!!!!!!!!!! He is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really love the comentary!!!!!! you all are so funny!!!! including the cats even the brat!!!! I can't wait to see more posts!!!!! Hold in there with the weather!!!!! Which remindes me, this past monday it was 78degrees and then it SNOWED tuesday NIGHT!!!!!!!!!! but that is what i get.
    - Love/miss you all so much!!!!!!!!!! and Morgan says hi!!!! The Gummy Bear Bandit aka your niece from KU land.

    ReplyDelete