Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Haaaaappppppy New Year (sniff)

Happy New Year to all of you out in blog land!  We are cold here, but a bit of a warm up is starting today.  Hopefully it will last until Spring.

I have the transcript below of our fabulous New Year's Eve.  I know, it's a bit late, but you will see why in a moment.  Alaska Girl (with The Rach) and Swim Girl were both gone for the night and Computer Boy was back in Manhattan, so my husband and I had the house all to ourselves.  I should add that the 3 cats were out of their forced confinement in the basement since The Rach was gone.  They were ecstatic.

Please note:  GB=Grocery Boy  YT=Yours Truly

YT:   Unnnnn.  Cough, cough, cough.  Aargh.

GB:  Cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough.  Hungry?

YT:  Noooooo.  I am dying.  Hack, hack, sniffle, sniffle.  Unnnnnng.

GB:  (at 9:00 pm)  I'm going to bed.

YT:   Unnnnnnng.  Cough, sniffle, hack, cough.  Ok.  I'm staying on the couch for the rest of my life.

Yup.  That's it.  Our fab New Year's Eve.  We were both sick out of our minds, running fevers and I know that I could barely stand.  It seems that we had both gotten this horrible flu or whatever that is going around here.  Apparently the outbreak is the worst it has been in a very long time.  It's so bad that our doctor's office just told us to go to a Convenient Care 'cuz it would be until the next week before they could see us.  It wound up that I had an ear infection, bronchitis and a sinus infection (I like to be a thorough overachiever).  Grocery Boy had 'something' (his words, not mine) that required drugs also.  Oh, and to top it off, Alaska Girl's eardrum burst one night last week.  Only Swim Girl has remained unscathed.  We are working on that.

Hopefully we will be all better by this weekend.  I will attempt to post some Christmas pics if I have the strength.

Happy New Year everyone.  May you avoid this crap!


No comments:

Post a Comment