Monday, June 10, 2013

Parchment Paper: It's Not Just for the Kitchen Anymore!

A very flowery 2 pager!  By the way, I am using
an old children's book for the art journal.  I chose
it because the pages are nice and thick and the book
lays pretty flat.  It's my favorite journal yet.
Hey everyone! Finally getting it together here.  Believe me, it was scattered all over for these first couple of weeks of my time off of school.  I felt like I was herding cats or something.


I was able to get a couple of projects finished (silent cheer).  Finally.  They are both from the class The Art of Wild Abandonment which is offered through Scarlet Lime.  I am really getting a kick out of this class.  The instructor (Junelle Jacobsen) is completely hilarious.  I'm a little worried because I answer her back when she asks questions on the videos.  Does that mean I am nuts?  Heavy sigh.




Anyway, check out Junelle's blog (Yes and Amen!) if you are interested.  She is offering a brand new class soon.  That one is all about summer!  Yay.  I think it is time for summer.  Not sure as we haven't seen much SUN here.

These pics are of some art journal pages that use a new technique with parchment paper.  It is really cool to make flowers this way.  I love, love, love how bright and shiny they are!  Just like me! And hopefully, just like summer!  Enjoy!





























This one was done on acrylic paper
and attached into the art journal.  The
paper was interesting to use.
Please, pay no attention to the
misspelled word that I tried to fix.

















Ugh.  I wish that I hadn't added those
dots to the flower centers.  I won't make that
mistake again!



No comments:

Post a Comment