Sunday, June 2, 2013

Baaaaaa!

No, I am not Professor Dillamond from "Wicked".

The plain white layer on top of the yellow layer is the
gessoed muslin.
I am however a lover of making sheep in my art journal.  Thanks to the delightful Junelle Jacobsen and her class, "The Art of Wild Abandonment", I have progressed from owls and melting snowmen to (wait for it):  sheep.

Once again the good old circle comes in to play.  That's all sheep are.  Well, and then you do have to add a kind of oval face and even smaller oval ears.  You can do that.  One circle and three ovals.  Oh, and four rectangles for legs if you want.

One of the other techniques involved gesso on muslin.  Yummy.
You just use some light modeling paste and a pencil to
make those cool sheep wool swirls.

But, I digress.  Here are the pictures of my latest art journal entry.  Enjoy.  And may I just say that it happened to be a very windy day.  Therefore, the inspiration for the page.








2 comments:

  1. WOW! you are really good!!! Love it Momma D! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you very much. Honestly, I kind of feel like a cheater because it isn't very hard at all.

    ReplyDelete