Monday, June 16, 2014

Cast-ing a Different Shadow

For those of you who just can't wait any longer for a look at the artwork on Cast #2, this post's for you.

Ta da!
I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but I use paint pens for these.  There are several different kinds.  I know that I use Sharpies and a couple of other brands.  I got most of them at one of my local big box craft/notions stores. The cast is rougher than the boot, so it kind of chews up the tips a bit, but nothing got ruined.  But, don't try to use the really fine line ones.  Those will get destroyed.

I also happened to have some big acrylic paint markers (I think Montana 92? sorry but I am laying in bed and am too lazy to get up and look-see previous post on crutching) that I used here and there. The trick is to not get the cast too wet.  Tee hee.

Again, I did the center and right side (my right).  TFIOS Addict and her mom did the left side.  Then they got bored and didn't want to finish the back.  So, I am backless.  Good help is hard to find.  It was kind of fun to lay in the recliner while they were slaving away on the left side.  I really got a kick out of that.

So, anyway, here are the pics.  I will need to freshen up my boot before next Friday.  I kind of have paint marks on the inside of my car door from that.  It is difficult to maneuver the thing out of the car without smacking it around. Just don't tell my husband.

OMG the cat is snoring!

I did this side.

















I tried hard to get the left side, but it's a little difficult.
































Oh yeah, this is the curve of the heel.

















No comments:

Post a Comment