Sunday, January 18, 2015

I Am an Artist

Gulp.  It really is frightening to say those words.  I don't always feel that I really am an artist.  I cannot draw what I see.  I don't understand shadow and light.  I screw up all the time.

But I create.  And anyone who creates is an Artist.  Do you sew?  Do you quilt?  Do you make cards? Decorate?  Then you, my friend, whether you want to believe it or not, are an artist.

It doesn't matter if you sell your Art.  If it gives you and others pleasures, well, who would deny that there is an Art to that?

As part of the Inspiration Wednesdays class that I am taking, we have been experimenting with different mediums.  A couple that I have never used before, to be specific; super heavy gesso and acrylic glaze.

May I just say that I am obsessed?  With both.  I foresee lots of use of those two products in my future.

The super heavy gesso goes on like butter and looks like plaster. Yum.  The glaze thins out the paint without thinning out the color.  Double yum.

Enjoy.  Oh, and the elephant thing is my deal this year.  Kind of my spirit animal for the time being, if you will.  I know. That's pretty heavy.

(Please forgive the photos.  It's dark here and the Bat Cave is rather unforgiving.)













No comments:

Post a Comment