Saturday, January 10, 2015

I Did It!

The finished journal.  I happen to love the skull covered button that I made myself.
I had all of the fabric leftover from other projects.  Use the stash!

I do not sew often.  In fact, I have been known to pile up little sewing projects and toss them because they get too dusty or out of style.  So, my inner monster was thrilled when I decided to take on a little sewing project.  I could hear her dancing around in the back of my lizard brain.

However, she didn't know that we had 2 cold days this week. So, despite my inner monster in my lizard brain, I finished the project!  Ha.  Take that!

One of the signatures with an inclusion from my stash.
I am enrolled (shut up) in a class called 'Inspiration Wednesdays' through Donna Downey.  (I have a button that I will put up after I remember how to do that.)
  A new class/technique is delivered online every other Wednesday during 2015.  We are supposed to put everything in an Inspiration Journal. Because the journals would be sold out of her shop immediately, I decided to try my hand at making my own.  I mean, I own a sewing machine that I use at least once a year. I have fabric.  I have thread and bobbins and needles.

Unfortunately, I didn't have several of the supplies needed so I trudged to the store(s) and picked them up.  Have any of you ever heard of an Anywhere Hole Punch?  Me neither.  I had trouble finding a grommet tool also.

I will not be giving any instructions on how to make the journal since Donna sells the video in her shop ($5 if you are interested).  Suffice it to say that despite a few glitches, I got er done!  I even added 2 signatures so that I can put in all sorts of messy goodness.

Enjoy!


PS:  I added the Inspiration Wednesdays button for any of you who may be interested in an Art Journaling adventure!





I have all sorts of doilies and decided to use this hideous
gold one.  It will get all painted, I'm sure!








No comments:

Post a Comment