Monday, January 21, 2013

Oh No! Still Trying to Hang in There.

I feel terrible that I haven't been posting, but I am still (again?) sick.  Yup.  I ran a fever all day Friday and Saturday.  I basically haven't been off of the couch for 3 days again.  We are going to have to get new cushions or something because my body outline is going to be permanently indented in there.  Maybe I can chalk around it and freak out the girl's friends.

Went to the stupid convenient care place on Saturday (a different one from the first time-big mistake) and the RNP basically told me that I wasn't sick enough to warrant any medication.  Apparently, I wasn't sick enough to see a Doctor.  All studies show and current thinking is and blah, blah, blah.  She actually wasn't even much interested in the fact that I had been diagnosed with ear infection, sinus infection and bronchitis just 2 weeks ago.  I don't think she thought that I should have been given any meds then.  She even mumbled something about current thinking on ear infections if they don't hurt is to not treat them.  ???

Meanwhile, I was just trying to keep my head held upright and walk without falling over.  I even let my husband take me because I didn't want to drive.  And this place is only half a mile from the house.  I literally haven't been out of my house (except for this waste of my time appointment) since we got back from the movies on Thursday night at 9:30 pm and it is 1:30 on Monday.  WTF?  (This may also be influenced by the strong winds and sub zero temps outside.)

So, here is what my $100 plus got me:

  • Take Sudafed or Mucinex or both (duh)
  • Use one of those nasal rinse thingys that you stick in your nose and the stuff comes out the other side along with the infection. Freaks me out.  But I did it.  Nothing happened other than the water ran out the other side of my nose.  No green stuff, no yellow stuff.  No stuff.
  • With a low grade fever it is probably viral, but if it goes to 103 or better then it is most likely bacterial.  Then I should (get ready for it) go and see my regular doctor.  I will then need drugs.
  • The extreme fatigue (think sleeping around the clock) is normal and will 'take a while' to get 'over'.  I have been f-ing sick since Christmas Day.  A month isn't long enough?
  • Don't do too much because that is why you relapse.  Really?  So the week I spent coming home from work and lying on the couch the rest of the day was doing too much?  I work part time.  I have read three long books.  I know the television schedule by heart and have seen every Hoarding: Buried Alive episode.  I still have Christmas gifts to look at and figure out how to use.  I haven't touched my camera since I got my new lens.  I still have a gift to return.  I have 2 paychecks to deposit because I don't feel like going through the drive thru at the bank.  I won't eat anything that doesn't take like one step.  So, I am stuck with crackers and applesauce (unless someone else is cooking).   Okay, now I just sound like a lazy ass, but I swear I'm not.  It's just too much effort.  I am not even going to the mall.  This is getting serious.
  • Unless the room is spinning or I feel like I am spinning she wasn't too keen on hearing how woozy I feel.  I freaking had to hold onto the wall while I took my shower because when I would open my eyes I thought that I would fall over.  I am still 'unbalanced' (shut up).  No quick movements for me.
Now bear in mind that I return to work tomorrow after a wonderful 4 day weekend spent being ill.  I work at a preschool. My hands are rotting off of my body because I wash them so often in the winter.  Maybe I should tell my boss that I need to stay home until I am over this shit.  That could get me through most of February and then it's a short month until Arizona.  That would work.  Right.

So here is my prediction.  I will get marginally better and recover probably 80% of my energy.  This will last for a couple of weeks and then, bang!  There I go again.  I don't for a minute believe that this is over.  The girls are running scared.  Alaska Girl is taking EmergenC daily as a preventive.  

I hope I am wrong.  Hopefully, my next post will be light and arty.  Hopefully, my next post will be in January, not March.  But, if it is in March, I will be in Arizona.


No comments:

Post a Comment