Monday, January 28, 2013

Look! On the Table. It's an Art Project!

Oh my goodness.  It feels like it has been at least 10 years since I picked up some paint and got my hands messy.  I fixed that little problem this weekend.

I call this 'Our New Normal' because that is what it is.  Our new normal is two adult children, 3 cats and a dog all living in what I used to think was a fairly large house.  When you see a 60 lb dog jump your couch in the first few seconds that he is here, you quickly rethink 'large'.

No matter.  We are adjusting.  I have Rach's number and can now keep him from charging down to the basement because he is sure that there are critters down there.  (He is right, but we try not to let him know that).  The kitties are adjusting to their new living quarters in the basement.  They have pillows and a couch of their own so they are good.  I have accepted that there will be drool and nose marks on my bay window.  These things can be easily cleaned.  I have even come to terms with the fact that dinner cooking has pretty much been divided between Swim Girl, Alaska Girl and Grocery Boy.  Not that this one was hard.  I am all for parceling out the dinner cooking.  They can have it.  Forever.

These pages were done in an art journal using modeling paste, stencils, Liquitex inks, water, a few jewels and pen.  That's it.  I didn't even gesso the pages.  I love the colors.  Think spring.  And art; welcome back!








No comments:

Post a Comment