Sunday, February 23, 2014

How Do You Like Your Eggs?

My eggs are cooked.  Or maybe it's my goose.  I just know that I have finished my egg canvas.

For those of you who think that stuff just flows out and turns out on the first try, let me tell you the history of this canvas.

It started out as a girl.  I hated it.  So it sat on my 'what am I going to do with these?' shelf for a couple of years.

I wanted to practice with eggs, so I pulled out that canvas only because it was the correct size.  '

A coat of gesso and some paint and voila...another really ugly canvas.

Another coat of gesso and some different paint and voila (redux)...better.

Fast forward to eggs applied with their cute little outfits and...what the hell was I thinking with those colors?

Grab some paint and re-paint the background, around the eggs, for the 4th time (if you count the ugly girl).

All of a sudden, something clicked and I got in my groove.  Below are the results.  Please don't make fun of Scarl'egg.  She isn't at her best since she just got in from working the cotton.



 I know, Eggie looks more like Ozzie, but what the heck.  Google him.


 I think that Egg-Ward is my fave.


If you look closely you can see Dr. L'egg-tor's mouth thing and lawyer Finch's spectacles.


Gryffindor forever.


For my country lovin' friends.


Ah, Willie.  You are just such a country hippie.

2 comments:

  1. Haha!!!!!! I really like Harregg Potter!!!!! Especially since I learned Monday that my Latin teacher has a copy of the first book in Latin!!!!! That and one of my book buddies is just now reading the series.
    -Pony Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just now reading it??? Have they been under a rock? Oh well. They will catch up fast. My fave is definitely Egg-ward Scissorhands.

    ReplyDelete