Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Joy of Skipping

Yesterday was another blistering cold day here in the Heartland.  And, it was a Monday.  This can be a deadly combination, therefore it was logical that I was grumpy.  And I was cold.  Some days, three layers is just not enough.

Enter the 4 year olds.  Each and every one of them was excited about the day ahead.  They were chattering and giggling and...skipping.  We don't teach them to skip.  They just skip.  Why?  Because it is fun.  And skipping into the room or into the snack area is far more fun than walking or even running.

I laughed.  I smiled.  My heart became lighter.

Then it hit me:  I need to do some skipping.  Yes, physically skip.

Why?  Because it is fun.  And I think we all need to have some simple, basic, kid type fun each and every day.

And I bet that after I skip from the kitchen to the bathroom and back again, I will be laughing.  And I will be joyful.  And I will be thinking of how the kids have it right.  Why should we walk when we can skip?

No comments:

Post a Comment