Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pay No Attention to that Wrinkle Behind the Curtains

I had to pull the trigger on something for the living room and it wound up being the curtains.  I hate buying them, but it had to be done.

Unfortunately, the only ones I liked were 'online only' which means I had to order and hope for the best.  I got lucky.

I love the print.  I love the colors.  And...they go!  You know what I mean.  They don't match, they go.

All was roses until I saw the following:


DO NOT IRON!?! (I love the misplaced comma)

Seriously?  We all know how curtain panels come:


And we ALL know this is how they look when you unpack them:


And:


How the heck was I going to 'unwrinkle' the NO IRON curtains?  I got a lot of suggestions.  I went with my gut and decided to do this:



Don't tell the Polyester Police, but I ironed those suckers.  It took me nearly 2 hours to do four panels. That's because I did it on the Poly setting with high steam through the towel.  Yup.  My arm was singing the Ave Maria when I was done, but...


Voila!  No wrinkles.

Now don't say that you didn't learn something here.  Call this Curtain De-Wrinkling 102.

Here's a sneak peak of what went on today:


So excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment