Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Week That Was

The trim above the cabinets.  I know, it's not that big of
a deal, but it looks so good.
Whew.  Such a lot got done this week.  Of course, you all know that my cabinets were set. They also got the trim around the cabinets mostly completed.

Most importantly, the counter top guy made it in on Wednesday to measure.  Yay.  Now we just have to wait for two weeks.  I feel like a kid waiting for Santa.

I took the plunge and purchased five boxes of backsplash tile.  Gulp.  I hope that it looks good.  I hate choosing things with only that little bitty piece of counter top as my guide.

We have doors and trim upstairs.  Yippee.  Even my husband said it looks really nice up there.  He doesn't usually say too much, so that is quite a statement.
Here is a great shot of the new door and
window trim.  You can see the darker old
paint.

We have a tons of new trim on the first level. While it is not yet all completed, what is there looks wonderful.

I need to go pick up the microwave and hood so that the electrician can come next week and install it. I don't know if that means that the rest of the electrical work will be done also or if they will need to come back.  Stay tuned for that info.

I made some things for the new bath.  I have been getting to know my brand new sewing machine and so far so good.  Those things are under wraps until everything in there is finished.  We are still dealing with the shower door and the accessories have yet to be hung.  Soon, friends, soon.

There will be cleaning and painting going on this weekend. Unfortunately, a lot of the painting is around the new trim.  This means taping and being careful.  Sigh.  However, the painters still have to come and give the trim a couple of coats, so there is room for some error.  Thank goodness.  Have I ever mentioned how much I hate painting trim?  It's as much fun as...  Sorry, it isn't fun at all!

There are still lots of things left to do, but until the counter tops come, there won't be a ton of noticeable changes.  There will be new outlets, light fixtures, new pantry shelving, trim and paint, but the majority of the work has to wait.  Do you suppose I could just wave my magic wand?


I love this shot.  The light was cool.  This is the new trim on the window looking out to our driveway.  I wish that we could change the funky window, but we can't right now.  Maybe someone will hit a ball into it and break it.  Darn.  That would be a shame.
We decided to leave the sills so that the kitties could have a place to sit.  The things we do for those kitties.  PS:  the dead bug in the upper part of the lower window has been there since last summer.  It is stuck in the screen.  I suppose we should knock it out, but it has kind of grown on me.


The cabinet on the left of this picture is a corner cabinet.  In order to get that sucker to fit, we had to get smack dab on the window.  This is the trim they had to make to replace the regular window trim.  


This was where the piano used to sit.  I love the white on this pale blue/gray paint.  Those are the shelves that were my contribution to the painting.  The doors to the right (on the floor) are for the kitchen pantry.


The upstairs hallway with new doors and trim.  And, proof that I do occasionally clean up around here.  This hall looks so bright and sunny.  I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment