Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Race to the Finish

Whoa!  Things are racing to the end of our big project.  It has been two months since we started and I am thinking that we should be done in the next week or two.
New fridge.

Right now we are in the process of having all of the new trim and doors painted.  Of course, that means we need to be completely caught up on the wall painting.  We have just a tad left to do and then a few random spots where the new trim didn't quite match up to the old paint lines.

We have countertops!  They are basically still covered with cardboard, but they are there.

We have a sink and faucet and they WORK!  No more hauling the dishes down to the basement for washing.  The dishwasher is in, but not wired yet.  No garbage disposal.  Next week.

We have our new appliances!  The fridge is in the middle of the eating part of the kitchen and the micro/hood is in the living room. Isn't everybody's?  The stove will be here next week as there was a bit of a glitch with that.  Oops.

We have backsplash!  So pretty.  They will grout in the next couple of days.

The micro/hood is sitting in the living by some cool equipment.
We have been told that we can load up the cabinets, but since I will be gone on an Animal Kingdom adventure all weekend, I doubt if we will do it quite yet. Of course, if I don't participate in the loading of the cabinets, I can't be expected to cook, right?

We will have new lights and outlets soon. The bathroom needs one more accessory and then it is finished.  I still have to provide some art, but right now I don't have time!

The living room drapes have arrived and the rods will go up tomorrow.  I just have to figure out how to get the wrinkles out as the instructions say that they are not to be ironed. Hmmm.  I think the old iron over a damp towel trick is in order.

Pardon the pictures, but I am using my phone since my camera gear is packed for my adventure.


The front window finally lost it's cornice board and the drapes.


New pantry doors!


This is what the rec room looks like when there is a painter, two tile guys, an electrician, a plumber and two shower door guys here.  


I can only say "YAY"!


Yummy!

Well, I'm off tomorrow for the wilds of the Des Moines area.  Hopefully, I'll grab some great shots and blog about the workshop instead of all this silly work at my house.  Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment