Monday, April 20, 2015

Slowly, but Surely

Baking again!
It feels like we have been in remodel mode forever, but in actuality it has only been about 2 1/2 months.  We are finishing up about when I thought we would.  All that is left for the construction guys is an above the sink light, some kick plate and a few drawer adjustments. On our side, there is a lot of touch up painting to do.  Yay.

We made a huge dent in the mess over the weekend.  Most of the kitchen has been put back together. This means that nearly all of the boxes are off of the spare bed.  We even managed to move the kitchen table and chairs back into the kitchen.

This was not done without pain and about 127 trips to Lowes, Menards and Bed, Bath and Beyond. It maybe would have been easier to actually move.  Believe it or not, I am tired of shopping. (Gasp)

So many trips to the store.
My husband cut nearly all of the shelf liner for the entire kitchen.  He got to use his favorite tool; the box cutter.  It took an entire day. We have a lot of shelves. In fact, I have empty shelves.  I even brought stuff up from the basement and I still have empty or nearly empty shelves.  I may be able to fill them if I work at it.  I will try.

I got the urge to bake, so I broke in the new stove.  First up; Hot Milk Cake (yum).  I am happy to report that all is well.

Here are a few pics to show you our progress.  I hope to follow up within the next few weeks as soon as we have some accessories on the walls and the living room is complete.  I will soon have time to work on some art for the bath, so that should be up for viewing soon.


This is pretty much how the kitchen looked all weekend.  It was like Chinese food.  We kept eating away at it, but it always stayed the same.  Weird.  


This is my favorite part.  Actual work space.  Sigh. I already had all of this.  I love red.


When I got home from work today, this is what I saw.  I have yet to hear the story behind it.


Kitchen table.  In the kitchen.


Actually, I kind of love the violet here.  And that is a kick-ass paper towel holder.  Love it.


Finally.  A stove that is working.  I missed that.  And I hate to cook!




No comments:

Post a Comment