Friday, February 3, 2012

Aperture Practice

I have landed on a cool blog http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2012/01/photography-course-overview.html  The woman is running a tutorial on DSLR photography starting with the very basics and I do mean basics.  The last lesson I did was Aperture and today I learned a bit about Shutter Speed.  Since it is very foggy and yucky here today, I wasn't able to get very good pics at the faster shutter speeds, so I will have to try on a sunnier day when I can get some good light.  However, I was able to take some great controlled Aperture shots last weekend.  I have posted them here.  Very cool to see how that setting controls things.  Unfortunately, my lens will only go to f/3.5.  I definitely need to get an f/1.8 lens soon.  Those pics would be stunning.  Enjoy.


































































































































































3 comments:

  1. I was about to call it a night and noticed your sweet note! Thanks SO MUCH for your sweet post...I am so touched and I think your aperture pictures TOTALLY rock!!! Excited to follow along with you!!!

    XO, Aimee Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhhh... I need to do this! I don't have a true DSLR, it's between a point and shoot and DSLR but I know I can control most things manually, I just don't know how! I'm checking this blog out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two. Michele, this course rocks and is so easy to do!!! Now if our gray weather would only cooperate so that I can get some good exposures using these simple 'rules'.
    Aimee, I love your blog. Keep going and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete