Monday, February 6, 2012

Shutter Speed Practice

You have to visit this wonderful woman's blog if you want to learn about your DSLR camera.  I really haven't a clue, but with her easy lessons, I am starting to see the light.  Head over to http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2012/01/photography-course-overview.html and check out her course.  The last lesson I did was on Aperture.  The one I did this weekend was on Shutter Speed.  I am about a week behind, but she posts new lessons on Fridays.  You could easily catch up.  Below are my attempts at Shutter Speed.  I honestly had no idea how that worked or what it did or anything.  Now I know.

She wanted us to go to 1/500, but I did go one step further.  I had to go to a good window and luckily there is a faucet in the kitchen by a window.  I didn't touch the faucet in between these shots, so you can really see what a difference the speed can make.  I love this effect.  In my Amazon cart:  a remote.  I luckily have a tripod.  You absolutely need those things for the slower shutter speeds.  I didn't use either so the 1/8 and 1/4 are a little blurry.  I will practice more when I get my remote.











































































At this point my camera was getting
confused about what to focus on since that feature
was on auto.  You have to persevere.

























2 comments:

  1. PERFECTION!!! Don't feel like you need to hurry through the classes...we're not going anywhere. :) Definitely let us know if you have any questions along the way!! You're definitely doing great! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aimee. I am going to AZ in March, so I have to at least be functional with this so I don't have to take both of my cameras. Haha.

    ReplyDelete