Saturday, June 23, 2012

Friendship Balloons

In doing this page for my art journal I thought of the different types of friends that we all have:  forever friends, good friends, crisis friends, etc.  I also thought about balloons for some reason and how they are kind of like friends.
The pics were taken outside on a cloudy day.  I should have put the camera on auto, but I am trying very hard to do this myself.


I couldn't help using some lyrics from one of my favorite songs, "For Good" , from Wicked.



I kind of love the way the bumpiness of the layers of tissue paper take the paint, pens and watercolors.  It gives it cool texture.



I used light blue tissue paper only for the background.  I rubbed a smidge of blue and yellow paint around.  I tried to use more translucent paints (Claudine Hellmuth and Golden Fluid Acrylics).  The balloons were done with a stencil (remember, I can't draw) and the little ones were done with a stamp.  I used a lot of paint, Faber Castell Big Brush Pens, watercolor pencils and Neo Colors for shading.  Lots of rubons, a little bit of texture from stencils and a music stamp and some doodling.  That's it.  I like it.  I like the balloons especially.

2 comments:

  1. I like this one a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's my favorite so far and I'm thinking a bigger canvas might be neat!

      Delete