Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Your Living Canvas Journal is Go for Launch!



I have finally finished the cover and inside cover pages of my journal for the class I am taking through Scarlet Lime called Your Living Canvas.  I had a lot of fun doing these.  I am working on some pages and will post those when they are finished.  It has been pretty humid here so my flexible modeling paste (new fav) is taking a while to dry, therefore delaying the process a bit.  I hope that you enjoy my pics and some of the thoughts behind the process.
This is the back cover.  The flower stamp is Donna Downey.

This is the front cover.  I chose to cut my butterflies out of corrugated cardboard.

Okay, I confess.  I love the Harry Potter series.  For some reason, when I did the brick wall stencil it reminded me of Hagrid tapping the bricks for Harry to get into Diagon Alley for the first time.  I remembered the awe and amazement that Harry experienced and I kind of wanted to express that with my cover.  Honestly, that wasn't my original plan.

I went to a website to look up quotes and found this one.  I love it.

On the back, I wanted to show the brick wall kind of broken down since I have done the journaling.
This is the inside cover.

I have these alterations tags and I couldn't resist putting them in the journal since I am hoping this class will 'alter' me is some ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment