Monday, June 18, 2012

Fun with Flowers


As I am progressing with my art journaling class (Your Living Canvas) through Scarlet Lime (link on side), I find myself getting a little carried away with all of the layers.  I can't help it.  I tell myself that I am going to keep it light and then something like this happens.
I used my Canon Rebel T3 for the pics outside on a sunny day.  I used a different lens because I wanted to get closer to some of the elements.  I used Pic Monkey for my edits.  It is a cool photo editing service by the same dudes who did Picnik.  They are still pretty basic, but that's okay.  I'm sure that they will add more features as they progress.  They have added a cool collage feature already.   And it's free!  I am all for free.

I wanted to do something different for the flowers.  When I happened to look up while I was in the Batcave, I saw these beads on string high up on a shelf that I had purchased for a different project.  I wrapped them in a spiral pattern and hot glued them to the page.  Then they needed something so I made centers out of clay, baked them and hot glued them.  I think the flowers are cool.




The orange flower is modeling paste over a dot circles stencil that I am sure I purchased through Scarlet Lime.  Sorry, but I don't remember the name of the stencil.





Okay, this is weird, but I was looking in my fabric box for something to use for the stems.  I saw these jeans pieces.  I had some jeans altered and they gave me back the fabric that they had removed.  Surely I could use that in my art!  I did.  I think that is what I am most proud of, quite frankly.  The stem is with the right side facing up and the leaves are with the right side facing down.

The clay was left over from another canvas that I did and it just happened to be swirled with the correct colors.  I am so glad that I hoard things sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment