Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pearls, Polka Dots and Waves



Two new art journal pages are finished.  I know, it's like I'm not working this summer or something.  The first page is a cool take on the ocean.  The page is gessoed and the waves are different colors of alcohol ink, blending solution, Faber Castell Big Brush Pens and a bunch of other stuff I can't even remember.  I put the blue inks on a blending tool and 'waved' it across both pages to make it look like the water.  The pearls are just for a fun look of sea foam.  It made me think of mermaids and if I could draw, she would have been in there.  I wish that I had not used modeling paste for the sun as I think the look is too harsh.  Fabric would have been better, but live and learn.
The second set of pages is a result of my love of polka dots.  It is done on a gessoed page with a stencil and alcohol inks again.  You need the gesso to make the inks move.  I framed off the page with some canvas tape from Scarlet Lime (see sidebar) and there you are.

















This word gave me fits and I had to re-gesso, re-ink and do it over. 





The circles were just a bunch of lids and things dipped in paint.

I love the way the ink kind of bled a bit through the stencil.

Cool Footnote:
When I was cleaning the stencil (I don't usually do this, but when you use alcohol inks you have to or they will reactivate), it left polka dots on the paper towel that was underneath.  I plan on using that paper towel some day.  Hoarder!

No comments:

Post a Comment