Sunday, February 3, 2013

Yeah! Art is Flowing Out of the Bat Cave!

I have actually finished two projects this weekend.  One is for my kitchen.  A long time ago (in a land far, far away called 'we have one child'), I bought some famous baskets and turned one into a recipe holder.  It is a royal pain in the ass to use.  So, before Christmas I bought a couple of paper mache type recipe boxes and I just got around to gunking them up in my own way.  Sorry, no pics of those.

The other project goes with a class.  I know, I know.  I have so many that I am taking that I can't even remember them all.  This one will expire first, so it gets finished first.  I am logical like that.

This is my Vision Canvas.  I'm not going to go into it, but I had a lot of fun doing it.  

First I had to remove all of the melted crayons from the canvas since I had already used this one for one of those Pinterest-inspired melty crayon thingys.  They are cool, but I hated this one.  After tons of scraping, I cleared off the surface enough to use the canvas.  I layered on tons of paint and made flowers out of modeling paste.  It was butt ugly (or fugly, your choice).

So, I scraped everything off again, laid on a super thick coat of gesso and started over.  This more closely resembles what was in my mind.  I'm not very good at completely translating things out of my little pea brain onto canvas, but this one comes pretty close.

I used gesso, paint, alcohol inks, stamps, rub-ons, paint, paper, ink,  paint, punched out circles of different sizes and pen.  That's it.  I like her boots.  I want a pair.  I think that I should be a shoe designer.





 Believe it or not, I painted on her legs.



Ta da!  The whole canvas.

2 comments:

  1. www.silviasantoyo.com
    Amazing the colours! I love it! Well done!
    I learn a lot with Christy too!
    about.me/ssfmadrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love her? I went to your blog, but I don't read Spanish very well. I did figure out some of your work. I love the art journal and the cover of your children's book.

    ReplyDelete