Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Peep Slaughter

I am known as Aunt 'Nisey to my nieces and nephews.  I am also known to them by these words (quoted from my nephew):  "She's not even like a grown up!"  I want that said at my funeral.

My nephew (ReStore Man) had a birthday while I was visiting.  Makeup Mom and I went to the store to get his cards and gifts.  We had decided to make him a cake.  When I first asked him what kind of cake he wanted he told me carrot cake with some kind of frosting.  After I spit up in my mouth a little, I questioned whether he really meant that.  He said no!  So chocolate it is!

This poor Peep was split in two.
Now, sometimes I have been known to start a little trouble.  I don't do it very often, but when I do, watch out.  We were frosting ReStore Man's cake when I had a brilliant idea.  We would add Peeps.  But we wouldn't just stick them on.  Oh no!  There would be Peeps blood shed on this day.

Twilight Girl was on board immediately and ran to get the Peeps.  Makeup Mom kept yelling, "No.  Don't hurt the Peeps."  I reminded her that I had baked and frosted the cake and we would do what I wanted.  Besides, any self respecting teenage boy would love it.  We then had a discussion on the best knife to use for Peep beheading.

So, one pack of yellow Peeps and some red food coloring did the trick.  ReStore Man loved it!

PS:  I personally love Peeps.  Yum.



I think perhaps it was a Medieval force that skewered this one.


Uh, yeah, the splatters were my idea.  Much more realistic, don't you think?





2 comments:

  1. Now that is serious memory making material.
    Noooooooo! Spare the Peeps of the world...and cover them in chocolate!

    ReplyDelete