Monday, April 1, 2013

Glad to Be Back (Sort Of)

I made it safely to and from the Valley of the Sun.  My friends know that I don't really like to fly.I just sit in my aisle seat, close my eyes and pray.  So far, so good.

My niece and I at a restaurant that I called Duck and Cover,
but that is actually called Duck and Decanter (as in wine).
If you have ever flown Allegiant Air, you know that they provide cheap direct flights to great places out of obscure airports like, say, Moline.  Unfortunately for me (and most women I know) their weight limit is 40 lbs for a checked bag.  This is hard.  I barely made it under on the way out.  I have two boxes coming home from my sister with the rest of my stuff.  I just couldn't stay under 40 lbs.  I mean, a girl has to have her shoes.  And she has to shop.  She may even have to shop for shoes.

Leaving Iowa any time of the year is okay with me, but I especially enjoy it when it is cold out and I am going somewhere warm.  For example, the day before I left for Arizona our high here was 34 degrees. Now, I have absolutely no issue with going to a place that is in the upper 80's.  In fact, I left with no regrets and spent the rest of the week making people stuck here feel bad through my Facebook posts.  I especially loved it when they got snow.  Yup.  That's how I roll.


To me, Diet Coke is the nectar of the Gods.


My niece (known on this blog as Twilight Girl) and my sister (Makeup Mom).  We don't look alike at all.


I gave Twilight Girl my camera and I think maybe her mom was getting annoyed with the amount of clicking going on during lunch.


Here I am laughing at the snow they are getting in Iowa while I am sitting outside enjoying the weather in Phoenix.  I have no sense of shame whatsoever.  None.  

Chocolate Fudge Pudding on the carpet update:  While I was gone, my hubby and kids cleaned the carpets.  It looks better, but we will always have a sweet reminder of Rach's adventure.


1 comment:

  1. The clicking is alright. But the foot pics are my signature!!!!!
    - Pony Girl

    ReplyDelete