Monday, April 22, 2013

The Owls Have It

I am really starting to catch up on all of these art classes that I am taking online.  I am embarrassed to say that I have started one that actually opened up over a year ago.  I just couldn't get to it.  But, I am now and boy is it fun.  The class is called The Art of Wild Abandonment and it is taught by the totally adorable and a little bit goofy Junelle Jacobson.  You can find her blog at Yes and Amen.  The class is offered through my favorite site, Scarlet Lime.

Now, get ready for it, it is a drawing/sketching class.  Seriously.  I can't do that.  I can do balloons.  And I can sketch a mean bat and maybe an arched up kitty or two, but that's about the extent of my talents.  My preschoolers think that I am a great artist,and folks, that's about as high level as it goes.  However, Junelle breaks it down ... a lot ... so that even I can accomplish a thing or two.

We started out with radishes.  Say what?  Yup.  Radishes.  But you know what?  They are just circles. I can do circles.  I am a pro at circles.  Could you draw them in a boat?  Yes, I could draw them in a boat.  With a goat?  I could draw them in a boat.  I could draw them with a goat.  I can draw circles.  Yes, I can.

I now have several watercolored thumbnails of radishes.  I also have some rotting radishes on one of my art tables in the Batcave.  Yuck.

We then moved on to owls.  They are just lots of circles.  I can do owls.  I do not however, have an owl in the Batcave.  He would eat the bats.


For more close ups of radishes and owls go here.




The radishes are supposed to look all sketchy like.  I'm still working on that.

Stop it.  These are radishes, not dead mice.

I got super adventurous and drew in a couple of my fingers.  So scary.






Yup.  Getting all mushy.




These guys actually represent my family.  I'm not telling who's who!  Get it?



















In case you are curious, all of these were done in an old book with gesso, a mechanical pencil, Caran d'Ache NeoColors, aquabrush and pen.  That's all it was.  Promise.  Oh, and a lot of different erasers.

PS:  Rach came by for a visit today.  I really miss that little dude.  He was happy to see me for like 2 seconds and then he had a rendez-vous with a squirrel.  C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment