Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day




Well, it is Mother's Day.  So, Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there in blogland.

In honor of this day, I decided to go retro and dig up some pics of my own children to post.  Now, let me warn you, there are a lot of them.  But, I'm a mom and that makes me the official family photographer.

These pictures were taken during our first official family vacation.  We went to the Black Hills of South Dakota.  What a fabulous place to start family vacations!  We just had so much stinkin' fun.  And, it wasn't all that far from home.  Just across Iowa and then South Dakota.

What I remember:  we took the blue 'woody' van that we had, we saw tons of motorcycles coming back from Sturgis while we were headed out there, Computer Boy was completely obsessed with this Mystery Spot place that he wanted to see, there was no stove or oven in our kitchenette room and Wall Drug was touristy, but a hoot.

I remember more things, so if you want to take a stroll down my Memory Lane, have a look.

Have a great Mother's Day and go through some of your old pictures.  You might be surprised at what you remember.



Our first stop on our trip was Mitchell, SD.  Of course, when you are there, you have to go to the Corn Palace!



Still in Mitchell.  We visited this gentleman.


Whoa.

More pictures here:
On our way to the Black Hills, we stopped at this complete tourist trap.  Of course, we loved it!








No visit to South Dakota is complete without a trip to Wall Drug!



And you must explore the Badlands.





I remember being scared, not that they would fall, but that they would come across a rattlesnake.






Hiking






Panning for gold.


Horseback riding in the Black Hills.  Now that was magical.

I know that Swim Girl still remembers the name of her horse.





No comments:

Post a Comment