Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer Forts, 2013

I know, I know.  I was annoying last summer with all of the things that I wanted to accomplish.  Too bad.  I have the summer off from working and I am going to maximize it to the best of my ability.

In case you don't know, a summer fort is one of those things you want to get done while you are on break for the summer.  Sort of like a Summer Bucket List without the death part.  You know, just like a kid who makes elaborate plans to build a fort in the backyard.  And just like that kid, I will go gangbusters right out of the gate.  I may slow down towards the end of the month.  Last summer, I did pretty well.  Then I started traveling.  Then there was a bathroom remodel.  Then I did some more traveling.  Somehow, those forts got side tracked.

So this year, I thought that I would make a list and take pictures.  That way, you all can keep me honest.  Some of my forts will be simple and easy to accomplish.  Some of my forts will be damn near impossible.  I may fail utterly, but I will sure have a great time trying!

Here is my list so far.  Feel free to contribute.  I may or may not build your fort, but it never hurts to ask.

Oh, and just so you know, summer forts are not instead of any normal activities.  I will still clean, cook, sit outside, travel and probably move someone.  Don't know who I will help move yet, but I am sure someone will need me.

1.  Finish all of the planting and landscaping around the yard.  While this one looks easy, I am beginning to think that I will never get it done, so I am putting it on my list.  It is pouring rain as I write this.  I did get 3 pots planted before I had to run for the hills.

The (gulp) spare room.
2.  Clean out the spare bedroom.  Ugh.  This is terrible and I don't really want to do it, but I am determined so I put it right on top.  Notice how I didn't say, "Clean out the Bat Cave."

3.  Clean all of the windows.  Yay!  Can't you see me doing cartwheels.  I never said that fort building was all fun and games.

4.  Clean up and declutter the basement.  Double yay!

5.  Clean up my things in the garage.  Notice how I qualify this.

6.  Turn the bedroom in #2 into a walk-in closet for Grocery Boy  and me.  This could be fun, but will require his help and cooperation.  Hmmm.

7.  Do some stuff with my friends from a previous job.  Especially since one of them is having twins this fall.

8.  Start researching and getting estimates for the
other bathroom.  Yippee.  Another remodel.

9.  Finish all of my online art classes.  Sounds so simple, but you honestly have no idea how many I have.  I am not sharing that info.  You would all attack me viciously.

10.  Start the blog/website that I need to start for the project that I did this past fall.  Are you intrigued yet?  Stay tuned.

11.  Read a lot.  Already have this one covered.  I had to hold back on some books until summer started.

12.  Get into really good shape.  I workout nearly every day and my Fitbit is my best friend.  Now I need to get strong.  Like the bionic woman.  Hear me roar.

13.  Take more camera lessons online.  Especially the free ones!

14.  Take an in-person art class.  Gulp.

Well, that's all that I can think of right now.  I have a couple of irons in the fire that could put a crimp in my style, but that is for another post.

Oh, and so you don't think that I am a complete lame ass, I already visited the parentals and some of the other relatives along with a couple of my high school friends.  My last day of school was last Thursday (officially).  I haven't been as lazy as you thought!

This is my niece.  She just graduated from high school over the weekend.  She sang an amazing solo during the ceremony.  So proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment