Friday, May 3, 2013

Water, Water Everywhere

Yes it is raining here in Iowa.  It could be worse.  I mean, just 3 hours west of us in Des Moines, it is snowing.  I will take the rain.  With joy.

My drawing and sketching class is progressing.  I have moved on from radishes and owls to cupcakes (yum) and balloons.  I know.  I already did balloons, but honestly, I can't help myself.  I am still trying to figure out why they attract me so much when as a kid I was scared of them.  Maybe it's like the 'bad boy' syndrome thing.  I must need a little danger in my life.  Anybody got a motorcycle?

While I have never been able to draw, this isn't too hard.  I mean, come on, it's cupcakes.  They have a rectangular bottom and swirly top.  And we already know that balloons are easy.  Circles, remember?

So here are a few pics.  We are still working with watercolor, which I personally find fascinating.  It is a lot easier to shade with them.  They also dry very quickly.  This is good, because I have been known to be very impatient.  Every once in a while.











No comments:

Post a Comment