Sunday, May 5, 2013

My Frustration

Surprise!  I did some more art this weekend.  Actually, one of the pieces I did during the week and the other I just finished.  You know, I am really kind of digging pushing myself to do some of this drawing and sketching stuff.  In fact, the second piece actually turned out just how I pictured it in my head.  I know.  Strange head.

Just a quick recap on this class which is called The Art of Wild Abandonment .  It is offered through Christy Tomlinson and her site Scarlet Lime (I have a link on my sidebar).  The instructor is Junelle Jacobsen and she is a complete hoot.  Come on.  Put your big girl (or big boy) panties (or briefs) on and push yourself!

Anyway, this class is all about the sketching and stuff and also mainly concerns art journaling which is kind of the new next big thing.  Except, it really isn't all that new to those of us who have been doing it for a bit.

Junelle gives us some sketching prompts and one of those cool ideas is a clothesline with pretty spring clothes on it.  Weeeellll, since Spring has really decided to take a back seat to winter around here, I sort of did my own take on that clothesline.  Mine kind of morphs from winter stuff into spring stuff, but you sort of always know that winter is still hanging around at the edges.  I am warped and this crappy weather is making me worse.  This particular piece is done with acrylics and paper.  Mostly.


The second piece further illustrates my complete frustration with not being able to get outside and do my planting, sit in the sun, etc.  Now don't blame me.  Junelle told us to sketch our feelings.  She made me do it.

That piece is all watercolor on gesso.  Oh, and for those of you who get crabby when you screw up a page, this was actually my 'first attempt at owls' page.  I love gesso.  It's better than duct tape.
 More pictures here






















Oh yeah, I used rub-ons too.















No comments:

Post a Comment