Sunday, October 28, 2012

Are Those Boobs?

I finally found something that I had been looking for literally since the kids were in grade school (they are all in their 20's now).  You will laugh, but that's okay.  I found a candy corn cookie cutter.  Shut up!  I was wandering around the mall in Iowa City and lo and behold the heavens opened up, there was a bright light and a choir and everything.  Not only that, it was the last one they had!  Of course, I bought it.  Duh.

I love to make sugar cookies.  That's right, the chill for an hour, get flour all over, roll out kind.  Love them.  I have two great recipes and each kid has a preference.  I hope I got Alaska Girl's right.  If not, Tin Man and Rach will have to eat them.


Don't they look pretty?


Let's see, there were bats, pumpkins, moons, cats and ghosts too.



Ok.  I'm getting hungry now.  Oh yeah.  Now for the tie in to the title of this post.  No, I didn't just put the word boobs out there to get you to read this.  Well, maybe I did a little.

I also make these cool little candies around Halloween called eyeballs.  But they have a tendency to look like boobs before they are finished.  Here, let me show you.


Told you so.

They are actually not boobs, but eyeballs; a peanut buttery, Butterfinger concoction of goodness.  There is a process.  See below.


First you make the yummy ball part with butter and powdered sugar and peanut butter and a Butterfinger candy bar.



Then you get out your cute Babycakes warming thingy that Swim Girl gave you for your birthday and you melt the white chocolate.


















Then you coat the boobs, I mean eyeballs and add the iris center.










Then you add really yucky looking red gel icing and voila.  They don't look like boobs anymore.


Mmmm.  Eyeballs.



And here is the goodie box, all packed and ready to head up north.  We always pack goodies in popcorn.  That's the kids favorite part.

No comments:

Post a Comment