Monday, October 29, 2012

Profound Pictures of Fall in Iowa


Well, since I have Baby #2, I have been out cattin' around taking lots of pictures of things that I think in my head will be really cool, but in actuality are pretty boring.  I don't mind though, because I love to pretend that I am all artsy and try and take really profound pictures.  Snort.






It was really pretty around here for about a minute a couple of weeks ago.  Then it started to get rainy and windy and all of that beauty fell to the ground.  I think that most of it was in our yard as I can count 25 bags of leaves out beside the garage.  Don't feel sorry for me, I didn't rake them up.  That was Swim Girl's fun job on Saturday.  She says that her arms are still sore.


I call this one "Leaf in the Driveway".  See.  Profound.



I actually really love this shot.  Those are acorn hats!  Squirrels got the nuts.

Oh, and remember that post that I did earlier this month called, "Fierce Creatures"?  It was all about the dangers my kids face daily from the wild animals that live near them.  This time we have something much more exciting to worry about. We have Hurricane Sandy bearing down on Computer Boy in Manhattan.  He is safe so far with lots of water, food and candles.  His toys are fully charged and he is ready.  He did say that he went to get more beer, but the line was all the way to the back of the store so he left.  Maybe tomorrow.  Right now he has power, but I guess that they are going to turn off the grid below 34th street later, so he will be in the dark.  Not drinking beer apparently.

The one redeeming thing about all of this is that I only have one kid in the eye of the storm.  Last year, not only did Swim Girl survive a really nasty earthquake in Baltimore County, but also both kids survived Hurricane Irene.  Yes.  My children have this knack for danger.


Iowa can be pretty sometimes.


Oh, snap.  I have this thing about grabbing pics of dead animals in the road or by the road or anywhere, actually.  This little guy looked fine.  Just dead.  I have another pic of a different squirrel, but I thought that one at a time was best.  I don't want to flood the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment