Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Game for Cats and an Air Freshener Just for Divas

You may know that we have recently become a TCH (Three Cat Household).  Not by choice.  When Swim Girl moved home from the East Coast, her cat (The Squirt) had to come with her.  She is nuts about that cat.  But, apparently not nuts enough to stay home.  She has been in Phoenix for the past couple of weeks so we get to babysit.

Normally this would be no problem.  There is a slight hiccup here.  Miss Diva Herself (Skittles) has yet to stop trying to kill The Squirt, so new kitty has to stay locked up in Swim Girl's room.  This means that her litter, food and water are all in there.  I go in and sit and watch my online classes for an hour or two a day, but there isn't much room for The Squirt to play with anything other than my feet.  I don't like that.  She has recently started to attack the window where a box elder bug is stuck on the screen.  I haven't the heart to take it off.  She enjoys it so damn much.

We are trying to rectify the 'attack the new cat' situation with something that I had never heard of before.  It is a plug in diffuser for cats.  It has a replaceable insert thing that is filled with liquid cat pheremones.  That's right; feline feel-good, Xanex-type stuff.  We can't smell it, but apparently the kitties can.  It's supposed to calm them down (just like Jasper in The Twilight Series does with his mood altering super power).  I plugged it in last week and I think it is working.  We will see tomorrow when there may be another post all about the demise of the The Squirt.

In the meantime, I have been feeling sorry for the newbie so I took in my iPad today and put it on the Game for Cats app.  Hallelujah and Praise the Lord, The Squirt is still too dumb to know it's a trick.  She had a blast trying to catch the laser on the screen.  Pluto and Skittles are way to worldly for the game, although if you catch Miss Diva Herself in a good mood she will play.

At least I had fun snapping pics and laughing.





Two paws should be better than one!



Where is it going over there?

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! LOL..I am so glad that I am not the only one who downloads games for her cats on her Ipad..everyone can quit teasing me now! I have one that has a little mouse that runs on the screen, and squeaks when the can touches it! Nin loves it, he digs under the ipad to see where the mouse went..lol. Hope the kitty plug in thing continues to help. Fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works. She has been locked in the room for the last week so she can reestablish it as her domain. Skittles has just been nasty to her, so hopefully this will take the edge off.

      Delete