Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hang in There

Just a short little blurb to let you all know what I have been up to lately.  It hasn't been art (unfortunately).  I have been up to my elbows working on family projects for Christmas.

One is the annual family calendar that I put together for my siblings, parents and my kids.  I collect the goofy photos that everyone has taken throughout the year and plop them on a layout on Shutterfly.  Then I hit a button, put in my cc number and in a few days I have a Christmas gift for the whole gang.  Pretty sweet.

I am also working on another project that I am not at liberty to discuss.  Let's just say that a small, important task is getting done in a manner that is getting completely blown out of proportion.  It involves old pictures, Shutterfly, lots of scanning and a quick trip to STL.  I am finding myself getting surrounded by the layers of all of this and I may drown.  I may survive too, but the drowning is looking more likely.

When Christmas is over, I will clue you all in to all of the gory details.  It should be cool.

Needless to say, this early Christmas project stuff is cutting into my art and blogging time.  Add the fact that I have been working a ton and you have clean hands on this lady.  I don't like clean hands.

At least I got to be messy with the kids today.  That involved gourds and paint, always a guaranteed mess when you are talking 4 year olds.  Thank goodness for small blessings.

PS:  Swim Girl helped out at school today and she didn't run screaming from the building or anything.  Not even when she had to work with the 3 year olds.  I am impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment