Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Another Day in Paradise

I love our animals.  They each have their own distinct personalities and are endearing most of the time. Pluto the cat is the lover.  She is the only one who will go to anyone and let whoever pick her up.  Skittles is the diva.  She is so damn ridiculous she just makes me laugh out loud.  Her thoughts are visible, she is that predictable.  Squirt is a neurotic.  She will eat any paper or string that is left out and Swim Girl has had to put tape on her climber so that she won't eat the carpet fibers.  Still, she is cute as a button and has the most enormous eyes ever.

Then there is Rach.  All 60 pounds of him.  What's not to love?  He has a dog's unmitigated joy upon seeing you.  He will lick you and greet you until you have no choice but to acknowledge his existence.  Yesterday he nearly jumped OVER Swim Girl he was so excited.  She was standing up at the time.

He is always ready for a game of tug of war or chase the tennis ball; at least until he spies something better.  Squirrel!  He willingly goes on walks, even though he has to wear his gentle leader collar.  He will even clean your counters for you.  He will clean them of everything.  Including stuff you want.  Like, say, the bread.

When I got home today, I was greeted with enthusiasm, but then I thought he was acting a little ashamed.  That was when I looked up and saw the following in my living room

Yes, those are empty bread wrappers.










Rach can tear holes.













                                               Oh look.  Another one.












I must have interrupted the crime.  I will say that he is very neat.  I saw no bread crumbs.


Here he is trying to avoid eye contact and pretending that he is all ashamed.


Bad dog!  He does have his standards, however, as he left a package of hamburger buns on the counter.  I'll make sure not to buy that brand again.  Apparently they aren't appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment