Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Snow Day Happenings!

Yes, it is March.  So we had a snow day.  Because it is Iowa and it is March and we are never safe until after the middle of April.

Here it is with just a wash of paint with glaze added.
Believe it or not, I am one of those people who would rather be at work.  That's because I work at a preschool and I am immature.  So for me it IS like staying at home.

Instead of driving in the snow to work, I decided to clean up the Bat Cave (I use the term 'clean' loosely) and get ready to start another project.  You must have noticed by now that I have no life.  That is why I can start and finish so many projects.

Gathering supplies.
This canvas is just for practice.  I am taking a new class from my fave instructor, Christy Tomlinson.  It is called She Art 3.  I have taken the first two (appropriately titled She Art and She Art 2) and loved them.  In fact, I can tell you that the original She Art class is the one that unleashed the art monster within.

We have an assignment to practice backgrounds.  So, here is my first practice.  I used some cool papers that I got a couple of years back.  I love the color palette and since I am lazy, I figure that I will let the paper designers choose my palette for me.

I started with paper on canvas.  I have only added paint so far.  Still to come:  ink and stamps and rub-ons.  Then when all of that is finished, a girl.  Maybe with a face.  Shut up!




I found this little flower stencil that I forgot about and used it a lot.





So here is the background with all of the paint on it. So far.



No comments:

Post a Comment