Sunday, March 3, 2013

Baby Project #2 Is Delivered



Well, it hasn't been delivered exactly.  But, it is finished and ready to be wrapped.

I started this project as a sort of Art Journal/Baby Book for a friend.  Her baby is a couple of months old, but I am hoping that she will understand and forgive me.  It took a while to think of something that I wanted to do for her.

I was inspired, as usual, from a class that I am taking through Christy Tomlinson and her company, Scarlet Lime.  If anyone is intrigued and tempted to dabble in the Mixed Media pot, I highly suggest taking one of her classes.  They are full of technique and just messy goodness.  The classes should come with a couple of warnings:  You will start to order art products from her shop,  you will have permanently stained fingers, and you will disappear for hours into your work area.  Depending on how you look at it, these are warnings or promises.  Your call.

Anyway, the materials used in this project are far too numerous to remember (especially when you are my age).  I did try to maintain the same color palette throughout and I tried to use the same colors that were already in the journal pages.  I bought the journal notebook (it included pages) along with some embellishments from JoAnn's.  They are by Basic Grey (one of my faves).  Some fun things that I used were stencils, Dylusions sprays, paint (acrylic and Golden Fluid Acrylics), Liquitex Acrylic Inks, Ranger Alcohol Inks, found objects and plenty of stamps, ink and rub-ons.  Most of these items can be found at the Scarlet Lime shop or at your local art store.  The big box stores like Michaels also carry some things.  I personally had the supplies on hand.  But then, my shelves are collapsing under the weight of my stuff.  I sort of get nervous when I watch those hoarding shows.

I hope that you enjoy the pics!












The orange dots are from paint on punchinella (sequin waste).








                                                 Oh, Steeeeenciiiiiils!




I love rub-ons!






The blue grid is actually a stamp that I put in paint.  I like the globs.







I wanted to add some size variety to the project, so I cut 2 of each shape out of coordinating paper (Basic Grey again) using my Cricut and Gypsy.  I then stuck them together using my favorite decoupage type medium.  This helped give the papers strength so that I could mess them up fearlessly.  It also added some more pages to the book.  Because this project wasn't big enough.




It's amazing what you will use that is just laying around.  These circles were made with Coke Zero bottle lids.  Other circles were made with the tops to my sprays or pens or whatever.








This is the entire journal laid flat with the covers up.  They are plain covers meant to be embellished.






The words were made using some letter masks that I had.  Like I said, I am a little worried about this hoarding thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment