Monday, March 18, 2013

Slaving Away


It has been a day and a half and Rach hasn't gotten into things that he shouldn't.  Of course, he did spend half the day yesterday at a farm with two other dogs and then he took a long walk with yours truly.  Anything to save the house.

I have finally finished the first week of She Art 3 offered through Christy Tomlinson and Scarlet Lime. It was all about backgrounds.  So, I created backgrounds.  Now, I have no idea what I will do with all of these, but they are ready to roll.  I imagine that I will paint girls on them since that is the focus of this class.

Unfortunately, the backgrounds are going to sit around for a bit.  I am off to the Valley of the Sun in a couple.  Just me.  No kids.  No husband.  No cats.  No dog.  I will miss them all like crazy, but I will get out of this crappy weather here in Iowa and into the balmy 80's of the Southwest.  I cannot wait.  It actually snowed all morning and now the wind is blowing like crazy.  Yeah.

Anyway, since I will be gone for a while, I will concentrate on catching up with the online drawing classes that I am taking.  I can handle transporting my sketchbook, pencils, wc pencils and an aquabrush or two.  I may post some things here if I have a chance.  However, the lure of the pool and the sun, along with some shopping and field trips may prove to be too much.  I may never return.  I wonder if Rach would miss me?


This one is in the very beginning stages.  It is made entirely of paper on canvas (to start, anyway).  I just randomly laid out the paper and then stuck it down.


Some paint is added here and there.


And voila.  The completed background.  Well, complete is a relative term.  I am sure that I will dink around with it.






This is actually my least favorite.  Darks were the focus here.  I think there is too much going on and while I like the colors, I will probably cover up some stuff later.  I really hate that flower stencil on this.  I like the stencil, just not here.












This one actually turned out better than I thought it would.  It focuses on neutrals and is a combination of paper and paint, etc.  







I believe the focus here was to be paint with stenciling and a tad bit of paper.  This one is a gift for someone who just had a baby girl.  It will be late because I have to figure out what I will put on it.  I hope she doesn't mind.





I really like the details.  I think I like doing backgrounds.  Now we will have to see what happens when I add people.  Gulp.

Have a great couple of weeks.  Unless the Rach decides to do something amazing, I am signing off for a bit.  Enjoy life and be creative.


No comments:

Post a Comment