Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bathroom Shenanigans

No.  This isn't a dirty post.  It is just my version of our bathroom reno!  I have to say that I am getting excited.  It is currently Day 3 of the process and they unloaded the supplies into our garage.  I love it!  I just can't hardly wait to see it all put together.

I have decided to post a few Before pics, along with Day 1 and Day 2 results.  While it doesn't seem like much has been done, believe me, they have been working!

The paintings of Nemo and Dorie were done by Alaska Girl when she was a junior in high school.  We needed to do something to 'fix' the bathroom and since a reno was not affordable then...we settled for a "Finding Nemo" theme.  I will really miss those two.

BEFORE


We have what is called a 'galley' bathroom, long  and narrow.

Nemo

Dorie

Yucky old cabinet and sink that wasn't even attached to the cabinet.  Notice the cracking floor.  You could sit on the toilet, start the tub and wash your hands all at the same time.  Convenient.  That, unfortunately, won't change.

FYI:  Tub only.  The tub wouldn't drain.  The guy doing the work found a toy fin/flipper in there.  How ironic.


DAY 1

Of course, Pluto has to check it out!



DAY 2

Poor Nemo.  He will soon be partially covered in tile.

This old bucket light will be retrofit with a new one.  Yeah!

This is where that yucky vanity used to be.

Yeah!  New fan light.  I love having two lights and a window in this bathroom.

Shower base.  I wish we could have gone with tile, but you sometimes don't get everything that you would like.  Bummer.





No comments:

Post a Comment