Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tiling Away!

After a day off of reno on Friday, it was back to work on Monday.  The objective was to finish up the tiling of the shower.  But, who knew that bull nose tile would be so hard to cut on a 45 degree angle?  Apparently, it is a pretty tricky endeavor.  I know that it took extra time, but I love the result.  Too bad he couldn't just tell me that it couldn't be done.  Maybe I would have gotten that glass block window after all!

Regardless of the time it took, the results speak for themselves.  I don't mind those kind of delays when it means that the work is being done properly.  Love Bettendorf Home Repair!

Here is the culprit.  It's a 17 year old vinyl replacement window that we really wanted replaced with glass block.  However, that was one of the cuts to keep the budget more in line.  Maybe some day.

The 45 degree cuts that took lots of patience and effort.

But look at the results!

I cannot wait to see the tile all finished!  The two lines of glass tile look amazing.  The rectangular openings on the right are where the ceramic shelves will go.  Exciting.



No comments:

Post a Comment